“Jamie, how am I supposed to implement your marketing strategy? I can barely keep up as it is.” – Client
“Well, that is easy – take a social media and marketing break.” – Me
“I didn’t know I could do that.” – Client
“Yes, I give you permission to stop posting on social media. Put up a post saying you are taking a break for the next two weeks to implement a new strategy” – Me
“Thank you so much! That is a great idea.” – client
Do you know how many times this same scenario has played out with my clients and in my program? So many that I have lost count and it makes me sad.
The fact of the matter is that you don’t need my permission or anyone else’s permission to do something in your business. It is your business and your choice.
Yet, over and over again, I see wildly capable entrepreneurs wait for a permission slip to move forward, to get unstuck.
As part of my Business Ecosystem Builder (™) Group we read a book together each month, this month we are reading Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway. I am loving this book because I truly believe that by having an awareness of the problem it is easier to resolve.
In the book the author talk about the 5 Truths about Fear:
- The fear will never go away as long as I continue to grow
- The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out and do it
- The only way to feel better about myself is to go out and do it.
- Not only am I going to experience fear whenever I’m on unfamiliar territory so is everyone else.
- Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness
For me, having these truths about fear is incredibly powerful. This gives me an awareness of the things that can cause me and the entrepreneurs I support to become paralyzied and unable to move forward.
We entrepreneurs get paralyzied by a lot of different things including (but not limited to):
- Belief or false belief about ourselves
- False beliefs others have about us
- Expectations we set for ourselves around “where we should be” and “what we should be doing”
- Society and societal norms about how much we should have accomplished by now.
- Staying in our comfort zone
- Fixed mindset
- Having a plateau in business
- Culture & cultural norms – of your family, friends, society, heritage, upbringing
- Peers and comparisonitis
These are all different ways in which fear can take over and leave us parlylzied from moving forward aka pain.
On the opposite side is Action. The goal is to move from being paralyzied into action. From pain to power.
Action shows up in the following ways:
- Moving forward in spite of fear
- Setting boundaries
- Saying no to noise
- Stepping out of our comfort zone
- Growth mindset
- Believing you are wildly capable
- Stepping into you power
- Saying no
- Choosing language
As you move from pain to power you are making a choose to move forward in spite of the discomfort you are experiencing. You don’t need permission slips from me or anyone else to move forward.
You simply need to to give yourself permission. Where are you holding yourself back? Where do you need to give yourself a permission slip to move forward?
Are you wondering if your social media marketing is even working? Are you posting and hearing crickets? For a limited time I am offering customized Social Media and Marketing Snapshots for $27. These are a 2 – 3 page action plan designed specifically for your business. Grab yours today ===>>> www.socialmediasnapshot.com